1881 St. Luke’s Hospital

December’s Past & Present Pic

1881: Duluth Public Library | 2015: Jim Davis
1881: Duluth Public Library | 2015: Jim Davis

December’s Past & Present Pic brings us just up the avenue from the intersection of Superior Street and Third Avenue East to, where in 1881 the blacksmith’s shop shown above was put into service as the first St. Luke’s Hospital. Today that spot—12 North Third Avenue East—is part of the Sheraton Hotel mostly occupied by Restaurant 301. Read more about the 881 St. Luke’s here, and learn about the 1883 St. Luke’s here and the 1902 St. Luke’s here.

December’s Past & Present Pic

Leave a reply