This month’s Past & Present pic takes us to Duluth’s West End (aka “Lincoln Park”), where in 1904 Duluth Catholics of French and French-Canadian ancestry built a new St. Jean-Baptiste Catholic Church at 2432 West Third Street in 1904. That same year the congregation sold its 1885 church building at 1100 West Superior Street to a group of Italians who would rename it St. Peter’s and use it until building a magnificent stone church in 1925. In 1975 St. Jean-Baptiste absorbed the congregation of nearby St. Clement’s, built in 1911 to serve Duluth’s German Catholics, and then joined with Sts. Peter and Paul’s, built by Polish Catholics. In 1996 St. Jean-Baptiste was razed and replaced by the Holy Family Catholic Church, shown in the lower half of the photo.