This month’s ghost sign adorns the west wall of the Hotel Florman, built in 1900 at 310–312 East Superior Street. The Florman was a residential hall on the upper floor of this building and operated as such until the1980s. The Superior Street level has housed the Sterling Motor Company, the O.K. Priest Garage, United Electro Auto Parts, and Swandee Industries, makers of fishing tackle. Today that level houses Lake Superior Magazine and Blink Optometry while the Atwater Groups resides on the upper level. Read an architectural description of the Hotel Florman here.