Lost Landmark: the 1885 Board of Trade

This Month's Lost Landmark Photo

Originally published December 2014
The 1885 Board of Trade Building. (Image: Duluth Public Library)

Our Lost Landmark for October is the Duluth Board of Trade, built in 1885 at 4302–304 West Superior Street. Designed by George Wirth and Oliver Traphagen, the building was constructed to house Duluths’ Board of Trade, which was established in 1881 to oversee the movement of grain through the Zenith City. Read much more about the 1885 Board of Trade Building here, in the Zenith City History archives.

This Month's Lost Landmark Photo

One Response to Lost Landmark: the 1885 Board of Trade

  1. What a gorgeous Building! When Superior Street was just gravel and horses still were the main source for transportation. Missing is a US flag flying from top of the flag pole!

Leave a reply

Menu