This month’s Past and Present Pic takes us to 1412–1420 East Superior Street, where the Philadelphia Terrace townhouse was constructed in 1890. The building, designed by Oliver Traphagen and Francis Fitzpatrick, contained five separate family residences—including one occupied by Fitzpatrick and his family until they left Duluth in 1896. In the 1930s the building became known as the Hamilton Hotel. In 1981 it was subdivided into thirty apartments, and three years later it was demolished to make room for a car delaerhip. The lot the Philadelphia once occupied is now contains a parking lot and a building serving the Duluth Detoxification Center. Catch up on all of Jim Davis’s Past & Present Pic’s here.