Established in order to “resist the evils of capitalism,” People’s Brewery produced beer within this complex at 4230 West Second Street in 1908. Sections of the new brewery stood five stories high and were faced with brick and Bedford stone trim. People’s closed in 1956. Most of the building was razed in about 1975 with the exception of two sections currently occupied by Brock White and Serv-Pro. Click here for a history of commercial brewing in Duluth, including more about People’s.