Frank Young was Canadian by birth, born in Ontario January 18, 1858. He immigrated to the United States in 1882. He worked as a carpenter 1875-1887, studying architecture on the side. He began his architecture career in 1887 in association with local architect Austin Terryberry, and then worked with Gerhard Tenbusch (1895-97), and Carl Nystrom (1902-05). Later in 1905 Young was in business in Duluth with his firm Frank L. Young & Co., which had an office in the Palladio Building. He designed the “Brook Terrace” and the Ely High School. There are two houses in the East End with which he is associated: the Frazer House at 2426 East Superior Street, built 1903 and credited to the firm “Young and Nystrom,” and 227 North 21st Avenue East, which he designed alone for Fred and Louise Bayha, built 1911.
By 1920 Young and his wife were living in Palm Beach, Florida, then in 1930 they are located in Salerno, Florida.