Cassius & Minnie Bagley House (1914)

2431 East 1st Street | Architect: Frederick Perkins | Built: 1914 | Extant

Its white stucco façade capped with a red tile shingled roof identifies the Bagley’s two-story home as unmistakably Spanish-Colonial architecture. Bagley was a well-known retailer in Duluth who bought out his employer, F. D. Day & Co. Jewelers, in 1900 and turned the company into Bagley Jewelers, which still serves Duluthians from its original location at 315 West Superior Street. Bagley also helped establish the Duluth Community Fund, which has since become the United Way of Greater Duluth.