Alfred & Jane McCordic House

McCordic House. (Image: Duluth Preservation Alliance.)
2104 East Superior Street | Architects: Arthur Raeder, Henry Coffin, & Benjamin Crocker | Built: 1891 | Extant

A Shingle-style house featuring Queen Anne details, most prominently the turret, this 1891 home was remodeled in 1909 by William T. Bray and Carl Nystrom, who added porches and Doric columns. Not much is known of the McCordic family (Alfred was an attorney), who lived here very briefly. From 1909 to 1917 the residence was home to the Andreas Miller family. Mr. Miller provided funds for Duluth’s first public hospital, known today as Miller-Dwan.

Menu