Henry & Mary Salyards House

Salyards House. (Image: Duluth Preservation Alliance.)
2311 East 3rd Street | Architects: William T. Bray & Carl Nystrom | Built: 1908 | Extant

Prairie-style detailing sets off the Salyards’ classic American Four Square house, another Bray & Nystrom East End beauty. Mr. Salyards’ contributions to Duluth are many, including serving as President of the Duluth Board of Trade, as president of the St. Luke’s Hospital Association, and as a twenty-year board member of both the Duluth Children’s Home and the Duluth Girl Scouts. Mrs. Salyards was also known for her active role in Duluth’s social and women’s affairs.

Menu