2001 W. Superior Street | Architect Unknown | Built 1913 | Extant (Seaway Hotel)
The Rex has gone through significant renovations and at least two name changes since it first opened its doors. From 1930 to 1942 it was called the Curtis Hotel; it was the Milner Hotel from 1942 to 1958; and since 1959 it has been known as the Seaway Hotel. When it was built it stood just two stories high, but two additional floors were added at an unknown date. Today the building is once again two stories high, but it is not known when the addition was removed. Today the Seaway is a residential hotel.