504 East 2nd Street | Architect: McMillen & Stebbins | Built: 1884 | Lost: 1933
The home of Judge J. D. Ensign had a typical Queen Anne round corner tower with a witch’s hat roof, a third-story balcony, gables, and patterned brick chimneys. It is not clear when the Ensigns moved from Ashtabula Heights, but at the time of his death (Josiah died in 1923, Rose in 1924) they were living at 2244 Woodland Avenue. By the late 1920s the mansion had become a boarding house. It was demolished in 1933 for construction of Miller Memorial Hospital, which became Miller-Dwan Medical Center.