Rudolph & Lulu Schlaman House

Schlaman House. (Image: Duluth Preservation Alliance.)
302 North 24th Avenue East | Architects: William T. Bray & Carl Nystrom | Built: 1906 | Extant

Bray & Nystrom placed a large tower in the center of the Schlaman’s Shingle style house along Twenty-fourth Avenue, allowing a view of the lake from its southwestern facing windows. Rudolph Schlaman worked as a department manager for Duluth’s F. A. Patrick & Company. The company began in 1900 as a dry goods store that sold its “Northland” brand of goods, but by 1922 had reorganized as the Patrick Duluth Knitting Mills.

Menu