Welcome to Zenith City Online
Duluth’s Soo Line Depot

Duluth’s Soo Line Depot

This Month's Lost Landmark Photo

Originally published November 2014 The Minneapolis, St. Paul, & Sault Ste. Marie Railroad, commonly called the Soo Line, arrived in Duluth in 1910 in grand style. It built a large passenger depot designed by Charles E. Bell, William M. Tyrie, and Cecil B. Chapman at 602 West Superior Street. The Neoclassical Revival–style building, faced in…

“A Breathing Spot for West Duluth”

A History of Duluth's Fairmount Park

Forgotten Duluthian Gar Wood

Duluth's Legendary Powerboat racer

Schiller’s Shoes in Superior

This Month's Ghost Sign

The Alworth Building: “Look Up—You Can’t Miss It”

This Month's Grand Old Building

Passion Pit Confidential

Memories of Duluth’s Skyline Drive-In Theater

The 1910 Grand Hotel

This Month's Past & Present Pic

A Healing Place Out in the Woods

A History of Nopeming Sanitorium

Outer Island Light

This Month's Lake Superior Lighthouse

Did actor Sean Penn help build Duluth’s Aerial Lift Bridge?

This month's "Ask the Historian"

Fond du Lac was once a mecca for winter activity

Jim Heffernan Remembers...

Menu