Archive Dive: The Story of Storey Taxidermist

Duluthians who often use Sixth Avenue East to get from the hillside to Central Entrance (or vice versa) have likely taken note of the tiny building on the west side of the road between Sixth and Seventh Street marked with the sign Storey Taxidermists. It was built by the son of Thomas H. Storey, a celebrated taxidermist whose work represented Minnesota in the 1893 World’s Exposition who also happened to be a rather controversial chiropractor. Read the story behind Storey Taxidermist here.

Leave a Comment