1412–1420 E. Superior St. | Architect: Traphagen & Fitzpatrick | Built: 1890 | Lost: ca. 1984
Philadelphia Terrace stood two-and-a-half stories tall along Superior Street between Fourteenth and Fifteenth Avenues East. The building housed five family residences, each with a separate entrance, roof dormers, and finials. Architect Frances Fitzpatrick and his family lived here at 1420 East Superior Street until they moved from Duluth in 1896. In the 1930s Philadelphia Terrace became the Hamilton Hotel and served as such until 1981 when it was subdivided into thirty apartments. About three years later the building was vacated and demolished for an auto dealership. The site is now a parking lot serving the Duluth Detoxification Center.