Former Duluth News Tribune columnist and journalist Jim Heffernan continues his musings while in retirement on his blog (http://www.jimheffernan.org) and as a monthly columnist with Duluth~Superior Magazine. A collection of Heffernan’s classic newspaper columns in his book, Cooler Near the Lake, depicts his wry humor, interesting life perspectives and as a chronicler of Duluth history.
Search Zenith City
Vol. 3, Issue 7 | July 2014
- A West End Story
- Climb Historic Central High’s Clock Tour
- July 3, 1907: Gypsies set up camp in West End
- Call the Midwife!
- The Corps of Engineers Building
- Lyman Park
- June 28 , 1886: Mark Twain first visits Duluth
- July 16, 1927: Opening of the Arrowhead Bridge
- June’s Ghost Sign
- June 29, 1983: Marjorie Congdon settles with her children
- July 18, 1916: Sinclair Lewis and first wife arrive in Duluth