Former Duluth News Tribune columnist and journalist Jim Heffernan continues his musings while in retirement on his blog (http://www.jimheffernan.org) and as a monthly columnist with Duluth~Superior Magazine. A collection of Heffernan’s classic newspaper columns in his book, Cooler Near the Lake, depicts his wry humor, interesting life perspectives and as a chronicler of Duluth history.
Search Zenith City
- March 30, 1914: The first residents of Morgan Park move into their homes
- Murder Most Swedish
- Nope, Knott is not the founder
- Rules ruled the railroad, all the live-long day
- Elephants under the Ore Docks
- From Lettuce Fields to Hartley Field
- Nopeming: A Healing Place Out in the Woods
- From an Instrument of War to a Symbol of Peace
- Duluth High School
- The Providence Building’s Titanic connection to history
- April 1, 1934: John Dillinger stops in Esko to have his car fixed
- Do you know which building this pediment adorns?