The Exchange Building

This Month's Lost Landmark Photo

Duluth’s American Exchange Bank, photographed in 1887, the year it was built. (Image: Duluth Public Library.)

Duluth’s Exchange Building,which stood at 230 West Superior Street from 1887 to 1955, began its life as the home of the American Exchange Bank. Through mergers, the American Exchange Bank is still with us today in the form of Wells-Fargo, which stands on the site of the Exchange. Read much more about the bank, and see photographs of its original interior, here.

This Month's Lost Landmark Photo

Leave a reply

Menu