This month’s ghost sign can be found in Duluth’s Canal Park, on the south side of the building at 310 South Lake Avenue, which today houses Grizzly’s Restaurant and Canal Park Square. The Zenith Machine Company, a subsidiary of Duluth’s Marshall-Wells Hardware, manufactured refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers and ranges. The “Zenith” name was not new to Marshall-Wells: their line of tools was named “Zenith” (think “Craftsman” and Sears) and the company produced a variety of products—including bicycles—that bore the Zenith name. Directly across the street from the former Zenith Machine building, an entryway to the former Marshall Wells buildings bears a stone-carved relief of a lion and the Zenith logo, which Zenith City Online pays homage in its own logo (see below). And of course the use of Zenith in Duluth business names began after Dr. Thomas Foster first referred to Duluth as the”Zenith City of the Unsalted Seas” back in 1868, before Duluth was even a city. After Marshall-Wells closed operations in 1959, Marquette Appliances of Minneapolis took over Zenith Machine.