The Abandoned USLHS Depot

This Month's Ghost Sign

The U.S. Lighthouse Service Depot at the southern end of Minnesota Point. (Image: Dan Turner)

This month’s ghost sign is a reminder of the days when the lights of light houses along the Duluth Ship Canal were powered by acetylene gas. The U.S. Lighthouse Service Depot is found near the southern end of Minnesota Point, about 100 or so yards from the 1858 Minnesota Point Lighthouse. So why was the depot placed almost seven miles away from the lighthouses? Click here to find out more.

This Month's Ghost Sign

One Response to The Abandoned USLHS Depot

Leave a reply