Originally Published May 2014
Our Lost Landmark for May is the Manhattan Block, built in 1889 at 410–416 West Superior Street. It was often referred to as the Chamber of Commerce building, as that organization was its main tenant for many years. Architect Henry Raeder designed this architecturally intricate building that served Duluth until 1941. Read much more about the Manhattan Block here, in the Zenith City History archives.