In 1922 A. Miller McDougall, son of Captain Alexander McDougall, began building a six-story warehouse at 824 Railroad Street, the foot of Ninth Avenue West—essentially the space in front of the “LeFarge” cement silo along Pier B today. He named it the McDougall Terminal for his father and backed his effort by bringing Marshall W. Alworth on as the concern’s vice-president. In the 1970s it was purchased by Jeno Paulucci and used to manufacture his Jeno’s brand frozen pizzas. Jeno’s left the building in 1983. It was demolished in 1987; the property remains vacant. Read the entire history of the terminal (including its connection with its refrigerated freighters known as the “Poker Fleet”) as well as the history of Duluth’s wholesale or “jobbing” industry, here.