Bert Enger and Emil Olsen operated a furniture store at 19th Avenue West and Superior Street. Their warehouse was behind the store along Michigan Street. Both buildings still stand. The Norwegian immigrants had found great success selling furniture in Duluth’s West End, and both were generous in giving back to their community. A year after Olsen’s detain 1926 the company purchased the Viking replica vessel Leif Erikson in 1927 and donated it to the city of Duluth, which prompted a name change of Lakeshore Park to Leif Erikson Park. Enger also donated the land that Enger Park and Enger Park Golf Course sit on as well as the money that financed the construction of Enger Memorial Tower.