This month’s Past and Present Pic takes us to the northeast corner of 12th Avenue East and Superior Street, where in 1886 William C. Sherwood and his wife Amanda built a house at 1125 East Superior designed by Oliver Traphagen. This Second-Empire–style house also featured Queen Anne characteristics and stood until 1956. Since the the lot on which the house stood has been home to a gas station, pizza place, office building, and now a portion of the parking lot for Walgreens. Read more about the house here. Catch up on all of Jim Davis’s Past & Present Pic’s here.