Zenith City Press Submission Guidelines
Download a pdf of this page.
If you think you have a book Zenith City Press will want to publish, please read the guidelines below before sending us your work. If you are interested in self-publishing your work, please visit our affilliate, X-Presso Books.
• Zenith City Press publishes unique non-fiction books that primarily focus on the the history of the western Lake Superior region: Duluth, Minnesota; Superior, Wisconsin; Minnesota’s Arrowhead and Iron Range; Lake Superior’s Minnesota North Shore and Wisconsin South Shore; and Michigan’s Isle Royale.
• Zenith City Press welcomes unsolicited submissions—just as long as they are right for us.
• Zenith City Press does not publish fiction or poetry short stories.
• Zenith City Press will consider biographies or memoirs, but only those whose subjects concern the region’s history.
• Zenith City Press does not accept electronic submissions.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing your submission:
• Include a self-addressed stamped envelope large enough to return your manuscript.
(Submissions without a SASE will not be returned; Zenith City Press is not responsible for their return).
• Include a portion of your manuscript: a table of contents, the introduction, and a few sample chapters (including the first chapter).
• Manuscripts must be typed, double spaced, with 1-inch margins (easier for us to read).
• Do not do any fancy formatting to your manuscript.
• Include copies of any artwork the book includes. (DO NOT send us any original artwork or the original copy of your work—we cannot guarantee their safe return.)
• Include a proposal explaining the book, its target audience, its sales potential, and a short “about-the-author” -like bio of yourself.
If you think your book is right for us, follow the guidelines above and mail your submission to:
Zenith City Press
118 Chester Parkway
Duluth, Minnesota 55805
Zenith City Press attempts to reply to all submissions in a timely manner, but please allow us 30-60 days to review and reply to your proposal.