Andrew Andren is proprietor of “The Painters’ Supply House,” a business that is a result of more than a quarter of a century’s enterprise and effort on the part of Mr. Andren. When he started in business at Duluth he was first in his line of merchandise in the West End section of the city, and is not only one of the oldest merchants but one of the most esteemed citizens of that portion of Duluth.
Mr. Andren was born in Sweden December 7, 1861, and grew up and received a good education in his native land and was thoroughly trained to the responsibilities of work and service. He came alone to America in 1886, and first located at Champion, Michigan, where he was employed as clerk in a general store for seven years. In 1893 he came to Duluth, and at once engaged in the paint and wallpaper business at 1827 West Superior street. He was at that one locality for fifteen years, and then moved to his present location at 12 North Nineteenth avenue, West. He handles all materials and supplies required in painting and decorating, and his business is one of the most appreciated institutions in the West End.
Mr. Andren is a member of the Lutheran Church and a Republican in politics. On August 24, 1896, he married Miss Anna Horngren. They have an adopted child.