Hutchinson Bevier, pioneer Duluth resident was involved in Duluth’s early development. Before coming to Duluth he was employed in the railroad shops of James J. Hill in St. Paul. He came to Duluth in 1870 and became engineer of the city’s only locomotive, nick-named the “Skally” and “Old Number Six.” He was also a gold prospector. He acquired property near Rainy Lake and named it “Little American Mine.” The lure of gold reached Duluth and the youthful village experienced its gold rush. The mine was closed some years later. Additionally, Mr. Bevier began building what is now the Wolvin Building [Missabe Building].