Norman McLeod was a nationally known YMCA worker, founder and developer of Camp Miller boy’s camp at Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota. Mr. McLeod became secretary of the Boys’ YMCA in Duluth in 1903. Through his enthusiasm in guiding boys, and his interest in camping, he founded the present Camp Miller. So successful was the program, the group purchased land and erected buildings. Camp Miller was recognized as one of the finest boys camps in the country. Norman McLeod was also was the inspiration for construction of the Boys’ YMCA center at Lake Ave. and Second Street, which opened in 1916. The center was considered one of the finest separate boys’ buildings for Y activities in the United States. Under the direction of Mr. McLeod, the first Boy Scout program was inaugurated in the city around 1910. He was appointed secretary general of the YMCA in 1937. Upon his retirement in 1949 he was honored and given many tributes by civic, fraternal and service organizations.