Frank M. Mielke is an expert electrician, being president and active head of the Mielke Electrical Works in Duluth, a business that performs a large and important service in the handling, preparing and remodeling of electrical equipment.
Mr. Mielke was born in Chicago, April 6, 1880. His father, Frank Mielke, was born in Germany, but has lived in America for sixty years. The greater part of his active career was spent as a bookkeeper with a large mercantile house at Chicago.
The oldest of six children, Frank M. Mielke attended the public schools of his native city and at the age of eighteen began a practical apprenticeship, learning every phase of the electrical industry, including the manufacture of motors and dynamos and the installation of electrical equipment. For twelve years he lived in Chicago, then for 3 1/2 years was in Appleton, Wisconsin, and in 1906 came to Duluth and was in the service of the Burgess Electrical Company until he went into business for himself. In 1912 he organized Mielke Electrical Works, which in 1920 was incorporated. They have well equipped offices and shops at 922-924 East Superior street, and have all the facilities for rebuilding and repairing of electric motors and dynamos and other electrical machinery. They do a large business on all the iron ranges and also in North and South Dakota and Upper Michigan. The company maintains a working force of twelve, including four expert machinists. Mr. Mielke is president of the company, Mrs. Mielke is vice president, and H. H. Campbell is secretary and treasurer.
In 1908 Mr. Mielke married Miss Ella Gearhart. They have one son, Warren, born January 21, 1909.