Frank & Minnie House House
From Historic Duluth’s East End Walking Tour, copyright © 2010, Duluth Preservation Alliance, Duluth, Minnesota. Image: Duluth Preservation Alliance.
2210 East Superior Street
Architect: William T. Bray
Built: 1904 | Extant
A striking example of the Tudor Revival style, this many- gabled, half-timbered house features decorative wood carvings, limestone trim, and a Gothic arch surrounding a recessed Tudor-arched entry door. It is one of Duluth’s many homes designed by William T. Bray, who apprenticed under preeminent nineteenth-century architect Oliver Traphagen. Frank House was president of the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad, the first railroad to bring ore from the Iron Range to Lake Superior’s shores.