Sinaloa

The Sinoloa. (Image: Zenith City Online)

The Sinoloa was originally named the William F. Rapprich when she first steamed out of West Bay, Michigan, in 1903, on her way to Duluth to serve for the Superior Steamship Company. In 1928 her new owners, the Clifton Steamship Company, renamed her the Sinoloa, the name she held until 1960, when she was rechristened the Stoneflax. In 1966 she collided with the Arthur Steven, a Norwegian freighter, in Welland Canal, and sank. She was raised later that year and was eventually scrapped in Santadar, Spain, in 1971.

Menu