The Pittsburgh Steamship Company of Cleveland, Ohio, ordered the Cole from the Great Lakes Engineering Company, and she was delivered in 1907. For forty-five years she hauled ore for PSC before being sold to U.S. Steel. In the fog on November 12, 1964, she collided with the Inverewe, a British motor vessel, off Pipe Island where the St. Mary’s River empties into Lake Huron, severely damaging her port bow. She sold for scrap in 1980 and was hauled to the Western Metals Corporation in Thunder Bay, Ontario. She was named for Duluthian Thomas F. Cole, president of Oliver Mining from 1902–1909.