U.S.C.G Cutter Crawford

The Crawford was a Coast Guard Active-class cutter built at the New York Shipbuilding Corporation’s yards in Camden, New Jersey, in 1927. She served Two Harbors from the time of her launch until 1937, when she was transferred to Buffalo, New York. During World War II she was stationed in Philadelphia and San Juan, Puerto Rico, before being decommissioned in 1947. The cutter was named for William H. Crawford, Secretary of the Treasury under presidents James Madison and James Monroe.

Menu