Sneak Peak: Great Northern Power Distribution Center

The Great Northern Power Distribution Station photographed ca. 1914 by Hugh McKenzie. The concrete structure at left was used to store oil. [Image: UMD Martin Library]

This week’s sneak peek at our newest bookDuluth’s Grand Old Architecture 1870–1940 by Tony Dierckins and Maryanne C. Norton (coming summer 2022)—answers the often-asked question, “What’s that building?” Well, for starters, it helps provide Duluth with electricity. Read our history of the Great Norther Power Distribution Station from Duluth’s Grand Old Architecture here.

Leave a Comment