Sneak Peek: The 1873 Hunter Block

The Hunter Block photographed ca. 1873 by either Caswell & Davy (left) and ca. 1915 by Hugh McKenzie (right). [Images: UMD Martin Library]

This week’s sneak peek at our newest bookDuluth’s Grand Old Architecture 1870–1940 by Tony Dierckins and Maryanne C. Norton (coming summer 2022)—was one of the first ornate brick buildings constructed in Duluth and first held a bank and hardware store operated by early Duluthian John Hunter, whose sons and son-in-law developed Hunter’s Park. The building still stands today, but looks a bit different now. Read our history of the 1873 Hunter Block from Duluth’s Grand Old Architecture here.

1 Comment

  1. Robert Diesen on February 7, 2022 at 10:21 am

    Can’t click on the link!!!

Leave a Comment